[thechat] Today, I hate Apple (was: eudora/mac challenge)

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jul 9 21:05:26 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 03:25 PM, Erika Meyer wrote:
> I have been hearing horror stories about the possible hell that could
> be visited upon me should I try to load OSX on my tray-CD iMac.

I've successfully installed OS X on an a 350 (I think) Mhz IMac, and
have a 300 MHz orange and white iBook with OS X ... works quite nicely
on both.

A nice thing about Mac OS is you can just copy the system folder and
anything else you want to back up to CD elsewhere and if something goes
wrong, it's just a matter of reformatting the HD and copying the files
back.

> So all I need to do is purchase OS 9.2.  NO!  Apple has decided we
> don't need anything but OSX!

It looks like you can buy 9.x installer CDs of eBay for $50 ...

--
-/erik/

612 377 2272
<http://gozz.com/>