[thechat] [OT] IM Question

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Fri Jul 25 02:22:01 CDT 2003

With all these discussions about anime movies,
i decided to go and check out some of the movies
mentioned....

my prior experience of anime was limited to
samuraiX (they showed it on tv here), and the
powerpuff girls (now I know its not anime)...

i had to go through like 3 video stores before
i found one that had some, i was able to check
out the following:

-crying freeman (it was in episodes, maybe
originally a tv show? the naked old woman
was a bit gross though...),
-grave of the fireflies (kinda sad and tragic),
-ghost in the shell (awesome! cyborg chick rules!),
-metropolis (is that really anime? though
the artwork looked really good)

--Ashok