TOYZ ... wuz - RE: [thechat] More Segway madness.

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Wed Jul 30 10:53:35 CDT 2003

>Personally, I've always preferred the British bikes;
>the old Triumph 650 Bonneville was _my_ idea of a
>pretty bike, and I always had a fondness for the

Wooeee, thats one beautiful bike..., i know a guy who's
got the modern Triumph Thunderbird -- he just rides it
on sundays and keeps it in a sealed garage for the
rest of the time....

somebody conned me into buying a very cheap 1976
Suzuki gt250 --
older than me, 2 stroke/2win cyl,
fantastic blue smoke from the exhaust,
revved real good, nice big tea-cup-like indicators,
and the engine noise was just bringaa-bringaa-tastic.
it did 140km/h easy(at that speed it sounded like a
jumbo-jet taking off, and the brakes stopped working
after the 100 mark)

I drove around on it for a month, before i realized that
motorcycling isnt *exactly* the wisest thing to try as
a hobby on Kenyan roads (big potholes, roundabouts,
drivers who treat motorcyclists like road kill...)
and then the damned thing broke down and I couldnt
get any spare parts here....

It was really sad when I ended up selling it for metal
value :(

--Ashok