[thechat] I'm Having Uncle Ho and Chairman Mao over for dinner

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Aug 6 12:09:43 CDT 2003

Terry Fowler noted:

>>Just feeling a bit lonely.

Hi Terry,

Not that I would have skipped it ... but I wondered where the subject line
was going.

It reminded me of a show I saw on PBS recently, one of those 'travel'
shows, that had half a dozen odd young folks 'shopping around the world'
showing bargains and places to go.

One of the folks on the show was a young girl who was collecting (for
herself or a friend - I dunno) odd memorabilia.  She bought a weird
analog alarm clock with Mao on the face where the 'second hand' was
some woman in the crowd waving her little red book back and forth. It
was pretty odd looking.

Later they showed her at a shop in Italy trying to pick up some 'Il Duce'
commemorative items.

People collect the wierdest stuff,

RonL.
(Who certainly has no room to talk in that department!)

On the other subject, I was archiving off some old email the other day
and noticed a "What Do You Really Do?" thread from a year or a year and
a half ago that we could always resurrect ... or morph ... or spindle,
fold, and mutilate!

nr: Thief of Time -- Terry Pratchett  (Excellent as usual)