[thechat] Bar snacks

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Aug 9 23:51:28 CDT 2003

At 11:32 PM 09-08-03, Kevin Stevens wrote:
>By the way, I seem to remember you asking us lowly mortals to suggest a name
>for your restaurant. Have you made your mind up yet

Yep.

Main restaurant will be called "Shiok" with a tag line of "Far-eastern
cuisine" (to help people figure out what kind of food is served)
Shiok means "yummy / pleasurable / heavenly" in Malay slang. It's only 5
characters, less likely to be wildly mispronounced (it's "shee-oak") and
from a usability angle (ha!), I can make a bigger sign in the same space.

>, and, more importantly,
>did my contribution win :)  ?

I've archived my older email, Kev. What was your entry? :)

I'm wondering whether the bar lounge should have its own name. I thought of
"The Spirit Room" but then realised it's a Michelle Branch album. :))

Deke, unfortunately we don't get pretzels here. Besides, if your president
can choke on them, they're probably not very safe. :D

If y'all don't mind, I'll keep you posted on how it's all going.

Regards,

Madhu