[thechat] Bar snacks

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Sun Aug 10 05:31:02 CDT 2003

> > >Don't put bowls of complimentary nuts or anything like that on the bar --
> > >that's cheap.

> > Why? Ain't it better than having nothing at all?

> I don't think so. No place I go to has complimentary snacks. Only trashy old
> pubs have them (nuts), and they're so infested with urine, you wouldn't
> touch them.

Do you eat strawberries? Baked taters? Ice cream?

*Some* places wash taters before they bake them,
but there are plenty of places that I've found the skin
to be gritty.

And they typically rinse strawberries before they
serve them, but they don't scrub them with
disinfectant and scalding water. You *do* know they
are fertilized with horse manure, don't you?

And ice cream is made with egg, of course. You
know what a cloaca is, don't you? And when the egg
is laid, it rests in chicken manure.

The Lone Star Steakhouses didn't stop serving free
peanuts because someone thought that someone
could walk back from the john with hands dripping
with urine in such quantity that it could soak through
the shells. They stopped because their insurance
company said people could fall on the peanut shells
that ended on the floor.

But Taco Bell stopped serving black olives because
it's hard to tell that black olives have gone bad, and
they stopped cutting taco pizza into quarters
because knives are dangerous.

And that was *before* 9-11.  They probably don't
allow employees to have nail clippers these days.

deke

--
HTTP://GENEROUS.NET
The web's best personal ads.