[thechat] Bar snacks

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Aug 10 06:52:31 CDT 2003

At 01:28 PM 10-08-03, Isaac Forman wrote:

>Discriminatory! That's terrible.

Ostensibly to save them from the grubby paws of drunk fuckers who might
harass them.
For that matter, we're not allowed to employ women anywhere past 8 PM, but
a few bucks in bribes to the Labour department keeps them away.

Bribes... getting anything done here requires bribes. It doesn't matter if
you comply with the law or not. It sucks.

>Current (new) plan is to leave The Lodge (where I work bar, for anyone not
>up on the news) in mid-November.

Got any good cocktail recipes?
Have you worked bar before?

>Maybe go to Austria. Have Christmas and NYE
>with my mum, sister and rellies in Slovenia and Italy.

You have family in Slovenia? Wow.

>Then begin with Asia. We go through Beijing first, then either
>Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam/More China, or India. Haven't decided on order.

Please hit the tropical Asian countries before April-May, unless you relish
the idea of being baked in an open oven. Places like Thailand and India get
unbearably hot in summer. You like 45 degrees C?

Can anyone tell me why Smirnoff vodka is more expensive than Romanov?

Madhu