[thechat] Bar snacks

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Sun Aug 10 15:07:40 CDT 2003

> > I don't think so. No place I go to has complimentary snacks.
> Only trashy old
> > pubs have them (nuts), and they're so infested with urine, you wouldn't
> > touch them.
>
> Do you eat strawberries? Baked taters? Ice cream?

My position here is on brand/market positioning. You offer free nuts and you
put yourself down a rung.

Also, as much as other items might also be tainted, bar nuts are notorious
and get much publicity with regard to their cleanliness. And it's public
perception that counts in this situation, don't you think?

isaac