[thechat] Bar snacks

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 16:39:17 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 07:54  pm, Erika Meyer wrote:

> Anti-female work laws are always made with the idea of "protecting
> women."  Actually, while women may appear to be easier targets, anyone
> (especially anyone working alone) can be a target of crime.

Without wanting to speculate on causes, generally the most common
victims of late night urban violence are young males. OK, I will
speculate on causes a bit - the majority of those cases are not where
the victim is freely taking part in a fight...

There have been plenty of good studies done on the divergence of levels
of crime and levels of *fear* of crime in various populations. If you
want to second-guess most of them, take the discourse of our popular
press and reverse it.

Cheers
martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "Skirlie Beat" by The Easy Club from 'Essential'