[thechat] pop tarts and smashed guitars (was: hell, I forgot)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Aug 12 11:15:14 CDT 2003

I'm only hoping that when Morgan referred to "pete townshend
style" it was not in reference to Townshend's online blog.  Damn
has he gotten sober since he's gotton sober.

but it's weird that it would all be put together like that... me... pop
tarts... pete townshend...

Because, coincedentally, my friend Tom just made this recording
of this "song" of mine.  The final verse goes like this:

--------------------------
"Went to Satyricon had nothing to loose
just me and thirty guys with lots of tattoos
the first band was metal, the last band was punk
moshing and banging in the ashes and funk
and me with my lipstick and my broken heart
I sat in the corner like a SMASHED POP TART
I was hoping someone would BUST A GUITAR
the night was cloudy, but I could see stars."
--------------------------

(caps added for emphasis)

Satyricon is an old Portland punk club I made a site for just before
they closed down this past spring...
http://www.clubsatyricon.com/about/

The song (just me and a guitar) is here:
http://www.lclark.edu/~emeyer/mp3/mstrix/mstrix_fucked_up.mp3
(if it works)

I have never actually eaten a pop tart, though I might have tasted a
small piece of one once... I think they are a bit scary... which to me
made them a really nice image for the song.

Erika