[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Tue Aug 12 16:11:47 CDT 2003

Madhu Menon wrote:
> Have you ever seen a restaurant toilet that had something out of the
> ordinary? What else can I incorporate that will make the toilets more
> useful? (ok, you can forget that smartass remark about having a toilet bowl)

Free tampons ++. In a basket. Hand lotion ++ Fresh flowers in the washrooms
is a nice touch. I went to a function (probably a wedding) where they had
baskets of lovely things in the toilets... face wipes, spray-on deodorant,
perfume, lotions, condoms, tampons, maxi-pads, etc. etc.  I've also seen
lollypops, but the juxtaposition of toilets and things that go in my mouth
is... a bit odd. A comfy chair (if the restroom is large enough) 'cause you
know we always go in groups and sometimes you wait for/chat with other gals.

Most of all: clean toilets, toilet paper, soap and hand towels (paper
usually). That's the bare minimum. My fave pub is my fave pub because the
toilets are always clean and have soap, towels and tp. Consequently, I drag
all my friends there, had my stagette there and I've even had a beervolt
there! Toilets are one of the big things that help me to decide if it's a
place I'd recommend/go back to.

Tara