[thechat] MPG on VCD Player

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 17:24:11 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 11:17 PM, William Anderson wrote:

>> In most DVDs (especially ones put out by Bandai, ADV and Pioneer), the
>> episodes alternate between the English translation ("I only want to
>> know what true sadness is") and the Japanese Romaji Karaoke version
>> ("Honto no kanashimi ga shiritai dake").  For TV broadcast, they
>> usually just pick the translated version and run it each time.
>
> /me thinks of Monkey - they did that too :)

I should point out that Monkey is (apparently) one of the classics of
world literature - even if the TV adaptation was duff.

One of my student mates was studying Chinese and had to read it.

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "The Great Gig In The Sky" by Kirsty Rock from
'Dub Side of the Moon' - a hit from way back in 2003