[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Tue Aug 12 18:17:03 CDT 2003

Madhu wrote:
> Have you ever seen a restaurant toilet that had something out of the
> ordinary? What else can I incorporate that will make the toilets more
> useful? (ok, you can forget that smartass remark about having a toilet
> bowl)

Nothing fancy, but there are 3 very easy ways to stuff up a toilet
in a public or semi-public place:

1) Hot-air blowers only, no paper towel. Some people like paper towel.
2) Paper towel only, no hot-air blowers. Some people like hot-air blowers.
3) Poor quality bogroll.. erm... toilet paper[1].

Don't skimp on the TP, and provide both sorts of hand-drying options, and
I'm happy. Personally, I'm a paper towel man, but hot-air blowers are handy
for when you spill some chilli sauce on your shirt and need to make a
quick dash to the toilets to wash + dry....

Actually:
4) Empty soap dispensers. Keep the liquid soap dispensers FULL.
   Nothing worse than running out.

Also, do that thing where you tip ice in the urinal. That's cool.
:)

Paul

[1] Surely, in this day and age, it's a miracle that no-one has a more
    'markety' name for toilet paper. You'd think that that aisle of the
    supermarket would be filled with 'personal hygiene wipe' or
    'intimate cleansing paper' or something by now, given how they
    do that to everything else. Weird.