[thechat] pop tarts and smashed guitars (was: hell, I forgot)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Aug 12 20:52:06 CDT 2003

Morgan Kelsey wrote:
> > > i don't know what its like in the UK, but in the US there has been a
> > > serious upsurge in little girls named morgan.
> >
> > Getting that way. Presumably thinking of Morgana Le Fay
> >

> in the states it started with morgan fairchild.
> but she changed her name to morgan,
> i think her real name is steve or something.

Patsy Ann McClenny.  She changed her name at age 23 (1973) after divorcing
her first husband.  "Morgan" from the 1966 movie "Morgan, A Suitable Case
for Treatment" - http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0060714 - which she identified
with.  "Fairchild" was suggested by her childhood friend Camilla Carr as a
good surname to complement Morgan, and soften the traditionally male name.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like