[thechat] MPG on VCD Player

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Aug 14 17:32:53 CDT 2003

From: "Alan McCoy"

> That's exactly what I tried doing, but my DVD player said "No Disc" when
> I tried playing it. The docs for the player says it supports VCD
> playback.

Have you written VCD's on computer successfully?
If yes then open some software which behaves like VCD Player (Cyberlink PowerDVD
would work fine) and then try to play your VCD with that without giving the
player any hints about the addresses of video files. See if it works fine.
For your DVD Player insert a VCD which works fine on other players. Check if it
is playing. If yes then there maybe some error in writing of your own VCD's. If
the DVD Player doesn't play the other VCD then check it with some more different
VCD's. If it fails with most of them then (I am afraid) you'll have to contact
the company of the DVD Player.

> Could be the video file itself (although it *was* an MPG)

Video files on VCD's are mostly in *.dat format. Nero converts MPG into DAT.
Make it sure. Well, here in Pakistan, if one buys a low price VCD, there can be
corrupted video files on them. This happens to VCD's which contain more than one
video files. Some files run but others don't.

Hope this helps!
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://szh.envy.nu/