[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Mon Aug 18 05:21:17 CDT 2003

At 01:43 13/08/2003 +0530, Madhu Menon wrote:
>Have you ever seen a restaurant toilet that had something out of the
>ordinary? What else can I incorporate that will make the toilets more
>useful? (ok, you can forget that smartass remark about having a toilet bowl)

   I was at a restaurant in Dublin some years ago with the company I was
working for at the time. It was some Hollywood-themed place, not terribly
posh, but they had an attendant in the bathrooms who handed you towels,
offered you a blast of several kinds of cologne (and presumably perfumes
and/or other cosmetics in the ladies), and refused to take a tip. I was
impressed.

   More practically, I've always found that wooden fittings make a much
better impression than metal or tiles.

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365701