[thechat] the influence of Celtic music on American music

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 18:46:05 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 08:40  am, DESCHAMPS Stéphane
DSI/SICOR wrote:

> I'd say that Country music seems very much influenced (cf. square
> dance, etc). Maybe you can derive from that and find a modern singer
> that does Country music.

Somewhat, although you'd also have strongly figure into that the
mainland European traditions of set dances - quadrilles as well as
reels.

A lot of the country fiddle tradition is related, though.

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "Whenever God Shines His Light" by Van Morrison
from 'Best Of Van Morrison' - a hit from way back in 1989