[thechat] Using Microsoft Office or any other "Office" pack

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 14:49:42 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 07:37 PM, Luther, Ron wrote:

> Word - I don't think I use too many of the 'fancy' features. I haven't
> done
> a mail-merge in over a decade.

Never, ever done it.

Word:
Track Changes
Auto-tables of content
Changing the default language from US English grrrrr

Powerpoint:
Templates and Colour Schemes - ie you *do not* hard define
colours/sizes on each slide

Excel:
Autofill options
Pivot Tables (with the downside of size of document)
Conditional Formatting
Paste Special options - particularly being able to choose whether to
paste the formats or the formulas only

Generally: Paste Link - brilliant for putting together Word docs with
figures (eg budgets) from Excel that are likely to change before the
final document

Cheers
Martin