[thechat] Tequila substitute

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Aug 27 19:27:22 CDT 2003

> My friend tells me the cosmo upsurge is a result of the
> HBO series "Sex in the City."

Sorry, just a pet peeve, but it's Sex *and* the City. (It was on over
here tonight, and we managed to finish at the bar in time to get home
for most of an episode -- rare occasion.)

The only mixes I'm pouring in Scotland, for anyone who cares, are
revolting concoctions and shandies (which is a revolting concoction
anyway).

One that is probably typically Scottish (for all I know) is a Rusty Nail
-- Drambuie with a (malt) whiskey.

The Scottish (probably English too) seem to mix lime with just about
anything. Ginger beer, soda, lemonade, lager, beer (OMFG!), etc. It's
weird.

Isaac
(somehow working as a barman in Scotland for a while)