[thechat] Tequila substitute

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Aug 28 13:03:27 CDT 2003

I resent all these digs at tequila (you know who you are!!!)

Usually when the tequila contains a worm, we call it mezcal.
I've heard that technically, all tequila is mezcal ("tequila" comes
from the name of a town or something).

http://www.mezcal.com/worms.html
This site claims that the worm is actually found in lower quality
tequilas.  (I'm guessing *their* tequila is worm-less).
This is only the first site I found on google, so I don't vouch for it.

My favorite cheap mezcal (with worm) is Monte Alban.
Cuervo 1800 is my favorite non-wormy tequila.

And I'm with Rudy on the sour mash whisky (what?  not Canadian whiskey?)
If I'm gonna go out drinking, my preference is Wild Turkey or Jack Daniels.

Erika

--
~