[thechat] Tequila substitute

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 17:18:46 CDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 10:34  pm, Martin Burns wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 06:08  am, Madhu Menon wrote:
>
>> While you're at it, what's your favourite cocktail? (If you drink
>> cocktails, of course.)
>
> Sea Breeze - vodka, cranberry juice and grapefruit juice over ice,
> ideally served on an Atlantic beach-front bar
> Bob and Ron taught me the joys of Margaritas, despite having a
> long-standing aversion to tequila
>
> Once upon a time, I was encouraged to try Malibu and milk, and was
> surprised how good it was.

Ooh, ooh, forgot an important one:

http://www.maria-brazil.org/caipirinha.htm
Cheap rum's an acceptable cachaça substitute

I'm pretty partial to the odd Mojito in the sun too:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/
0,,FOOD_9936_17225,00.html

Bucks Fizz first thing in the morning is also pretty good.

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" by The Pogues
from 'Rum, Sodomy And The Lash' - a hit from way back in 1985