[thechat] Tequila substitute

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Sat Aug 30 08:44:58 CDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 04:34 PM, Martin Burns wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 06:08  am, Madhu Menon wrote:
>
>> While you're at it, what's your favourite cocktail? (If you drink
>> cocktails, of course.)
>
> Sea Breeze - vodka, cranberry juice and grapefruit juice over ice,
> ideally served on an Atlantic beach-front bar
> Bob and Ron taught me the joys of Margaritas, despite having a
> long-standing aversion to tequila

That's because we gave you good tequila - not the turpentine with a
worm that is often passed off as tequila.
I think we were drinking Sauza Hornitos. Not great, but certainly good.

My favorites - Tequila sunrise, margarita, ginantonix (with lime and
ice), dirty vodka martini. Good booze served neat isn't really a
cocktail, but there are several of those as well that I like.

> Once upon a time, I was encouraged to try Malibu and milk, and was
> surprised how good it was.

Mailbu and orange juice is good too, if a little sweet.

bob