[thechat] Why would a conservative vote for a Republicanpresident?

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Sep 3 05:12:19 CDT 2003

> Let's hope Isaac was drunk when writing this, at least the portions I
> didn't include in the reply!

Er, no. Just joking around.

> The thing such a mindset fails to recognize is simple: a
> viewpont that goes beyond a single paycheck.

I plan ahead. I am very financially secure. This temporary work as a
barman is the first time I've had a regular paycheck for at least 5
years. Normally, I freelance 100% of the time with no dependable salary,
and save very well out of it.

My health is already covered by travel insurance, yet even as a working
holidaymaker, NI is a compulsory deduction from my pay. I think that's
unfair. I can't claim it back, so I lose US$30/week for something that I
will not use.

isaac