[thechat] calling all winos...

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 3 12:00:17 CDT 2003

My wife used to offer samples for a local distributor, so we've had a
chance to sample a LOT of different labels. Here's a couple of my faves:

1. George Duboeuf's Beaujolais Nouveau - A nice red that only comes out
around late October to early November. Without a doubt my favorite red
table wine. Buy it by the case 'cuz it sells fast!

2. Rosemont Estate Shiraz - A great hearty shiraz!

3. Clos du Bois 2000 Merlot - I'm a big fan of Merlots and this is a
really nice one.

If you'll notice, there were no white wines on my short list. I've grown
so fond of the heartiness of red wines that most white varieties seem
way too sweet by comparison. The best thing is that all these are VERY
affordable (I think all are well under $25 a bottle).

And don't worry about wine snobs. Most are too busy *acting* like they
know what they're talking about to actually *know* what they're talking
about. ;-)

Alan

=> I'm normally a beer drinker, but am interested in spreading
=> my interests
=> to red wine.  I'm looking for a few "standard" wines that aren't
=> incredibly expensive, but if I have wine snobs over, they
=> aren't going
=> to turn up their noses at my poor taste.
=>
=> I'm in the States, so both labels and types of wines are
=> welcome.  And I
=> like a good drinking wine - I drink regularly, so if I can't
=> afford to
=> polish off a bottle myself, it's off limits.