[thechat] calling all winos...

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 13:19:02 CDT 2003

> I'm normally a beer drinker, but am interested in spreading my interests
> to red wine.  I'm looking for a few "standard" wines that aren't
> incredibly expensive,

As a red wine drinker myself I was delighted to read on Reuters that red
wine can help counter the harmful effects of smoking, another of my vices.
Unfortunately you need to drink 2 glasses per fag for it to have any
beneficial effect! Can you imagine it? I would be absolutely wasted by 10
o'clock in the morning :) Read the full article here
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=3363615

And, FWIW, a very nice bottle is Pinot Noir, which refers to the type of
grape, so there are several choices of vineyard, and indeed country, to
choose from.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk