[thechat] calling all winos...

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 3 14:39:09 CDT 2003

Madhu Menon noted:

My favourite red wine (of the limited variety I've tried) has to be a Merlot.
White wine: Riesling

Hi Madhu,

I also think you have to take into consideration whether the plans call
for a 'dinner' wine or a 'sipping' wine.

I prefer a merlot as a dinner wine with beef or pasta. I like a 'lighter'
red for sipping ... maybe a meritage or a blush.  [Inexpensive merlots
make nice cooking wines as well!]  ;-)

On the sipping wine side, I like the sweeter whites ... a pinot grigio or
a nice gewurtztraminer. (Hey. Anybody know why the 'gezundheits' come in
those wierd shaped bottles?)

RonL.
{The US has it's own draconian shipping regulations on spirits which is
why I can't stock up on the 'Frost Fire' white from the Amish in Ohio or
[my all*time personal favorite] that incredibly yummy St. Supery [Napa]
Moscato. Now _that's_ a wine!!}

;-(