[thechat] Stocking the bar

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Sep 3 18:17:11 CDT 2003

> So Isaac, since you're now barman, maybe you can tell me what
> different
> kinds of glasses I should keep for my bar. I don't have a ton
> of money to
> spend, so just the essentials will do for now.

Here's what we have:

Champagne flute
Baileys glass
Brandy/cognac glass
Port glass
Sherry glass
Paris goblet
Wine glass
Balloon wine glass
Long-stemmed wine glass
Half-pint glass
Gordon's Gin glass (for a G&T)
Coke glass
Tall glass
Whiskey glass
Pint glass
What we call Juice glasses (in between half-pint and whiskey) -- I do a
vodka and coke in one for e.g.
And various other branded glasses (Appletiser, Glayva on ice, etc)

Get tall glasses that you can use for a long vodka, soft drink, water,
etc.
You can use a paris goblet for many liqueurs with ice without looking
silly.
You'll want flutes. And the juice glasses or whatever they should be
called.

You can easily start without any other than the basic wine glasses
should you be serving wine.

I don't know exactly what you'll be serving or what people will be
drinking. Any ideas?

Isaac

TRIPLEZERO
              www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au
              Upstairs at 200 The Parade, Norwood SA 5067