[thechat] Stocking the bar

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Thu Sep 4 09:45:05 CDT 2003

I work bar at one Scottish wedding per week (weekend before last had one
on Friday, and one on Saturday).

In my experience, the vast majority drink vodka and Coke, vodka and
lemonade, or lager (Carlsberg in our case). It's generally only the 60+
set who drink the whiskey. Other popular options are vodka and Red Bull,
vodka and Irn Bru, bacardi and Diet Coke, and UK beers (local Calder's
and Tetley's).

>From what I'm seeing around the world, Scottish aren't really travelling
outside Europe (Martin -- don't get upset - just a general impression).
In South America, it was all Israelis, Australians, Americans,
Canadians, etc. In Europe, AU/US/NZ/RSA, etc.