[thechat] Stocking the bar

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Sep 10 17:29:05 CDT 2003

> As a service worker, I prefer older people with money.  They know
> what they want, and are able to communicate it to you.

In some cases. Today I had this group of 4 almost-80 year olds who gave
*really* specific orders. Like, glass, number of cubes of ice, amounts
of everything, etc, etc. What a pain. What about giving a request and
then being surprised if the result isn't what you're used to!?

> >I get people coming in who frantically look around the bar for
> >something that doesn't sound too childish, too alco, too expensive,
> >etc.
>
> That sounds like youngsters.

No, Scottish farmers! Every time you put their drink down and ask for,
say, 12 pounds 40. They say something like '8 pounds for cash?' and
think it's hilarious.

Wankers.

isaac