[thechat] No Roundabouts In Japan?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 02:15:27 CDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:05:00 +0300, Ashok Hariharan
<listman at hazard0us.org> wrote:

> Nairobi is full of roundabouts (and supposedly the biggest roundabout in
> Africa), we even have the nightmare known as "the roundabout with traffic
> lights" -- but I found roundabouts to be fine once you get used to the
> "right-of-way" rules.

As no-one has mentioned it so far I feel I should draw attention to the
"magic roundabout" in Swindon:

http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemagi0.htm

a series of "mini" roundabouts (themselves a curse) arranged as a larger
roundabout.

thus allowing drivers to go the "wrong" way round the big roundabout or
combinations there-of.....

;o)

--
http://www.xebit.net/

Sent with M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=627923