[thechat] email chess

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Sep 11 14:28:45 CDT 2003

isaac,

> > welp, there's no hard-fast anything, but after reading a
> > bunch, and playing a bunch, this is what works for me (uh,
> > when i win anyway):
>

> I would've mentioned more basic stuff like pins and forks. Planning
> ahead for them can bring good results.
>
> Madhu, how basic do you want your info?

hey c'mon man, i can't tell them *everything*.
i still have to be able to take them down at gametime!

so far....the only evolter to pin ol nagrom on the chessboard has been .jeff
we're currently 5-1.

mr evans has put up the best fight so far, he is a shrewd tactician.

in short, "ya'll suck!"

now someone deflate me....please.....

nagrom

in the old days, the "queen" was called the "advisor" and could only move one
square at a time. the king could only move diagonally, i believe.

somewhere along the way, they started playing that getting your advisor to the
back rank caused a sex change, and made them the "queen", with the powers of the
modern queen.