[thechat] email chess

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Fri Sep 12 08:37:43 CDT 2003

> > If we're in a fully stocked and equipped gourmet kitchen ...
> > I think we
> > both know you'd clean my clock pretty thoroughly.
>

> That said, I think you'd find that a top chef with a reduced inventory
> can come up with far more creative dishes than an amateur with the same
> ingredients. See Ready Steady Cook for an example. ;)
>
> The key would be to conduct your trades to suit your playing style.
> Specifically, if you know that your opponent is dominant with bishops,
> go early to trade a bishop for bishop, or whatever might suit you.
>
> So, yeh, break it down to the cheese and bread. Zzz!

i'm with ron to a point,  but i wouldn't wanna play a king and pawn endgame
against capablanca....no no no.

there's a great book by mikhail tal annotating his 1960 world championship with
botvinnick (which tal won). tal, being 20 at the time, frequently expresses his
terror at entering an endgame with botvinnick--probably the most precise endgame
player in history.

> > Capische?
>
> Err, capisce. ;)

huh?