[thechat] email chess

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Sep 12 09:57:00 CDT 2003

William Anderson asked:

>>can i get me some of those oolongs? :)

No problem!  ;-)

A lot of good tips have already come across in this thread.
(I'll need to re-read a few of them again myself!)

Actually that was a _generic_ "always start by attacking the middle ...
either through occupation or through aligning 'focus'" {he sez - agreeing
with nagrom's update} - I wasn't dissing you. It is, however, the reason
I messaged you that your first two moves 'confused' me ... because they
didn't attack the center ... I think you were weakening your position.

Fortunately you're playing against me ...   ;-)

If you were playing a 'decent' player that pretty much would have been
the end of the game right there. Luckily, there is still lots of time
for me to screw up.

RonL.
(RHP lets you input a 'message' to your opponent prior to committing
your move ... feel free to ask questions ... just be wary of any 'advice':
"Yeah sure, go ahead and move *there* - that would be just fine!")