[thechat] Knight Rider (was: The best of Amazon.com reviews)

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Sep 16 13:26:11 CDT 2003

madhu admitted:

> I must confess a weakness for the A-Team intro, however.
>
> " If you have a problem, if no one else can help and if you can
> find them...maybe you can hire...THE A-TEAM"
>
> Tadada tatatata...

speaking of excellent intros
the orginal he-man cartoon had the most bizarre intro ever
(to me anyway)
http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/php/tdadownload.php?fid=000578

"I am Adam, prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull.
This (indicating scruffy tiger) is Cringer, my fearless friend [with a chuckle]
Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me,
The day I held aloft my magic sword and said,
'By the Power of Grayskull!'"

music intensifies, goes to a rocking minor from a hippy major.

"Cringer became the fearless 'BattleCat'
and I became, "He-Man, the Most Powerful Man in the Universe"

now, even as an 8-year-old, i always found that just completely over the top.
first of all, he's already a "Prince", and knows some "secrets".
then, out of no where, he's like, "did i mention i have a magic sword?"

"Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me"
ah, cartoon literature at its best.

and why the hell would anyone,
hold aloft their magic sword and say, "by the power of greyskull"???

nagrom