[thechat] nigerian 419 uses the BBC

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Wed Sep 17 03:19:46 CDT 2003

I got a letter from Jonas Savimbi's son,  tries to use a bbc news story
to appear authentic!

<419>
Dear Sir/madam:

I got your contact from an email directory and decided to contact you for
assistance. I am the son of Jonas Savimbi the rebel leader in Angola who
was short dead on the 25th of February, 2002, by the opposing Angolan
Army.
... PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS WEB PAGE FOR IT SAYS ALL.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1839000/1839252.stm
Before the death of my father he had transferred the sum of $16,000,000.00
(Sixteen million dollars) through a security company in South Africa to
Europe.
<snip<
</419>

------