[thechat] email chess

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 17 12:32:41 CDT 2003

Morgan Kelsey noted:

>>cmon luther, send me a challenge.
>>the monster is hungry.

<dons sinister supervillian voice>
Paaaaaatience Mr. Kelsey ... Paaaaaatience.
We shall deal with you .... summarily.
MuaHaHaHa!
</voice>

Ya know, I had resolved not to become involved in more than 2 games at
a time ... lest it prove to be too much of a distraction.  {Actually -
I think I did pretty well with my resolve ... Heck! It lasted almost a
day and a half!}

I'm preparing for a rematch, but ... (Alas and Alack!) ... my dance card
seems to be full at the moment.  I'm currently embattled with nuero,
Vikthor (from Mexico City), gothwalk, plunky, someone named 'tottot' -
no details available as yet, and the estimable Mr. Evans.

>>think of all the points you'll gain if you eek out a win.
>>i'll only get 2-3.
>>see....i'm doing you a favor.

ROTF!  OMG! - An appeal to the 'anal inner geek'?

That's really really Low!
That's incredibly Evil!
That's unspeakably Despicable!

That's ... that's ... that's very nearly effective - dang you!

;-P

RonL.
(Shamefully remembering how he 'obsessed' over those darn
ratings ... uh, back in 'the day' - of course.)