[thechat] email chess

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Sep 17 13:39:06 CDT 2003

Chris Evans noted:

>>I ... became distracted and underestimated him/her.  After several
>>blunders on my part, I'm down in material and position.

Yeah ... I think we've all made *that* mistake.

Oh well, (as one of Calvin's ad slogan's [during one of his many campaigns
for an allowance raise]) once said:

"Dad.  Eventually he catches on."

RonL.
(Who is also busily relearning this painful lesson.  Different player.
I had him _dead_ man. Totally and irrevocably dead-to-rights.  Then I got
cocky ... tried to run a fancy double knight mate ... started talking
smack {who? me?} ... I think I still have position ... but I musted have
ticked him off ... because he seems to be playing a heck of a lot better
now! Rats!)