[thechat] Isabel

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 06:50:13 CDT 2003

  Here in Raleigh, North Carolina, we expect just 40-50 mph wind gusts
and several inches of rain. No biggie compared with hurricane Fran which
kicked us in the stomach. East of here it will be pretty bad for the
day, but I don't understand why they are closing down in DC. It won't
even be a hurricane by then. I guess it must be the rain and surge that
they are worried about.
  Atlantic Beach is where we usually go to the beach. It is very near
landfall. It will be interesting to see what happens down there.
  It has started to rain and the wind was on/off all night with little
gusts. I will work at home since most people won't be going to work
today. Schools are closed so all the parents will be home.
  No matter what happens, it can't be as bad as Hurricane Fran or the
big ice storm last December.