[thechat] Too Much Stuff

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 17:07:24 CDT 2003

Yeah, I'd maybe do that for the dining set. But Ebay can't hurt; take a
lot of good photos and tell the history of the table and the craftsmen
and set a high reserve. You never know what might happen. There is
currently an auction with a secretary (desk, not person) going for
$12,000 that has 4 bids:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2559462482&category=3
7949

Note that is is new but being sold in Antiques. This is common for
expen$ive furniture on Ebay and a good strategy.

There's also another secretary going for almost 10K with 36 bids. It
started out at $10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2559355885&category=2
0092

So, Ebay could work for you, and you don't have a lot to lose against
the overall value of the diningroom set.

Ron L. wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you think box lots would work for paperback books ... instead of one
at a time?  That was one thing I was wondering about ... the collectable

books (that I would be willing to part with anyway) I would do one at a
time, but could I do say a box of 20 or so Isaac Asimov titles, or a set

of (roughly) 38 Dragon Lance books?

Yeah, I would totally do those as lots. And put LOT: in your title.
Dealers and Ebay resllers look for those. Beware though that they know
they have to pay out for heavy shipping on book lots and the starting
price needs to be low.

I love Ebay auctions :)