[thechat] Too Much Stuff

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Thu Sep 25 09:52:33 CDT 2003

Morgan Kelsey noted:

>>[off thechat][not sure why]

Me either ... so I copied thechat instead of replying.

>>dude, ... that was ... [funny]
>>"relationship strainer" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hi nagrom!

Hey man! Face it. We're guys.

We can get into trouble for doing stupid stuff.
We can get into trouble for saying stupid stuff.

Hell, we can even get into trouble just for owning stupid stuff!

It's *sniff* soooo unfair!

;-)

RonL.
(Who once got into trouble for wearing the wrong sweatshirt!

I was going to the mall with an ex-wife. It was cold so I grabbed a
sweatshirt. A 'practically new' sweatshirt that I never wore much.

All the way to the mall, through the mall, and home from the mall
I heard about what an insensitive jackass I was.

We got home. I lit the fireplace and burned the sweatshirt. Even that
wasn't enough. No - now I was in trouble for 'having owned' such a
thing and not getting rid of it sooner.

We can't win.

To be fair ... It was a souvenir sweatshirt bought on a trip taken
with a prior ex-wife.

A trip to the Poconos. [1]

I probably *shoulda* gotten rid of it sooner.)

[1] For our overseas friends, the Poconos are famous in the US as a
cheesy honeymoon getaway location.  The resorts in the area generally
feature rooms with red shag carpeting, round beds, mirrors on the ceiling,
heart-shaped bathtubs, and in-room raised hot tubs shaped like champaign
glasses.  I think we have a federal law here that everyone over the age
of 20 has to spend at least one weekend in a place like that.

Just remember not to wear the sweatshirts near anyone you didn't go to
the place with and you'll be fine.