[thechat] Not webdev related** Dell w/winME startup problems

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 18:37:43 CDT 2003

> Can any of you help? Restarting and re-restarting can take up to 20
> minutes... the only other symptom I can tell you about is that the machine
> has almost never been happy about shutting down. When I do Start>Shut
Down,
> it is about 3-in-4 chances that it won't power down... the screen goes
> blank but the power never shuts off.

I feel your pain, same thing happens to both my machine and my wife's. I'm
looking into it myself at the moment and I think the shut down thing is
either one of the programs not shutting down properly, or the shut-down
sound file is corrupted. Have a look at
http://www.support4free.com/questions/question.cfm?id=2555 nd see if that
helps.

Kevin Stevens