[thechat] Not webdev related** Dell w/winME startup problems

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Sep 27 22:04:54 CDT 2003

Jorah Lavin wrote:

> **I hope that computer-related but non-web subjects are accepted here.
> This didn't seem like a "thelist" type topic.
>
> If it is, tell me so gently and I'll take it there.
> My WinME Machine... two problems

Let me guess: problem #1, it's running WinME; problem #2, it's running
WinME.  Solutions to both - blitz it and install either Windows 2000
Professional or $flavour Linux (I prefer regular Debian, but Red Hat 9 may
be an easier build to install and live with, and Knoppix [Debian on a
gorgeous live-and-installable CD] rocks), then you'll probably find any
other issues relating from the fact you're running WinME will go away.

Sorry if this doesn't actually solve any of the WinME issues you're
experiencing while retaining the OS on your system :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like