[thechat] 2 Mac questions

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 03:19:48 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 11:13:53PM +0100, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> OK, watch the bits where Nick Oliveri is naked and I'm in the crowd to the
> right of him, about 200 yards back (I'm sure there is a glint of sunlight
> off of my bald head).

Riiiiight!

> They mainly want to share a broadband connection, seems they pull the plug
> out of one machine and stick it in the other, not exactly ideal.

Ah right. So they want either the Mac or the PC to act as a router then.

That's pretty easy to do. If they want the PC to do it, then AFAIR (not
being a windows person) you just have to turn on connection sharing on the
PC, and set the Mac up to use the PC as it's router (System Preferences ->
Network).

If they want the Mac to be the router, then again it's pretty simple. System
Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet, then click the start button. Then it's
the reverse, ie: set up the PC with the Mac's IP as the router.

(this is in OSX 10.2, I think 10.1 was slightly different, but just as easy)

[and then william said:]

> lol, I must have missed that :)

Yeah, this was just after I kicked your ass at pool. I think you'd gone off
to drown your sorrows *:)

G.