[thechat] Pronounce URL

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 18:56:33 CDT 2003

> On Behalf Of Kevin Stevens

> Worse than this, I heard someone talk about the show Jackass
> and, in true Brit fashion, pronounce it Jack-arse. Oh how I winced!

Oh God, it wasn't me, was it?

Not that I think everything is all about me (at least not all the time)
but that's a conversational error I might make because I have an
automated English to English translation service running in my mouth.
It's a background application, so while I *think* "those are nice pants"
I *say* "those are nice trousers" automatically.

Although that's not a good example because we all know there's no such
thing as nice pants. Ugh. (The only thing less alluring is
tights/pantyhose. Eww eww eww x infinity.)

---------
Sabrina Dent
editor at satinslippers.com
http://www.satinslippers.com