[thechat] Pronounce URL

Chris Evans chris at unhappyfun.com
Mon Oct 6 22:27:50 CDT 2003

Jorah Lavin wrote:
>> dub-dub-dub
>
> (in shame) I've used this, because of having to say
> "doubleyoudoubleyoudoubleyou" so many dozen times a day. A co-worker
> says "whack whack," but only in terms of backslashes (!?!) and I use
> "slash slash"

I'm a "dub-dub-dub" guy, never had a problem.  Faster than double-you,
people know what I mean, what's the problem?

I rarely say URL, earl, or whatevver.  Everybody said something
different, so I just started saying "link" or "address".

Chris

PS - who's up for a chess game?  I've cleared my boards, and looking for
  a challenge...