[thechat] Public about MJ

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 17:44:57 CST 2003

On 27 Nov 2003, at 22:29, Paul Cowan wrote:

> Syed Zeeshan Haider
>> My question is, what is the public opinion in USA about MJ? Do people
>> think that he is really that kind of bad guy?
>
> I can't speak for the USA, but I can tell you about the prevailing
> opinion
> in Australia, which I suspect mirrors the US opinion very closely.
>
> The guy is a freak.

Oh totally stick your head in a bucket of custard bonkers.

> Then, he started to get a little eccentric. Despite his denials, you'd
> have to be a fool to believe that he hasn't gone to an awful lot of
> effort
> to change his appearance, etc. Frankly, he looks like a monster, but he
> doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with it. He does odd
> interviews,
> tries to buy the bones of John Merrick, lives with animals like they're
> his best friends in the world, etc. At first, it was one or two things
> --
> and most of them harmless, if a little quirky -- but after a while,
> they
> started to add up, and people began to think "what a weirdo". Only his
> real fans didn't think he was weird, but over time more and more came
> realise that he was a total nutcase. Now, I think pretty much everyone
> realises that the guy has more than one screw loose.

And the thing is - he doesn't have *anyone* who's prepared to tell him
'no'.

> As for the child abuse allegations -- well, honestly? I think that
> no-one
> knows if they're true or not.

And true or not - after the first set, would a rational person (or even
a strongly advised one) continue to have (other people's) young
children staying in his bed? You'd have your lawyers running for the
hills at the risk.

Cheers
Martin

--
Now playing on iTunes: "Tam Glen" by Gordeanna McCulloch from 'The
Complete Songs Of Robert Burns Volume 3' - a hit from way back in 1997