[thechat] The Last Samurai

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Sun Nov 30 20:31:54 CST 2003

I managed to catch The Last Samurai in an advanced showing last night
(Saturday, 29th) in Tulsa - amazing.

You really should see it. It's one of the few movies I've seen that :

	1. Had me genuinely caring about the characters involved;
	2. had the audience clapping at the end;
	3. everyone I went with liked (me, wife, in-laws);
	4. inspired some very good discussion and self reflection.

It *will* win an academy award for something. The acting is very good,
the story is very good, and it makes a point without being preachy.

See if if  you can. It's cool.

http://www.lastsamurai.com/

bob