[thechat] xmas light fiasco

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 17:34:47 CST 2003

On 4 Dec 2003, at 23:06, Luther, Ron wrote:

>>> *well* some of us live where it actually LOOKS like xmas,
>
> Frozen? Frozen is for margaritas ... not people!
>
> RonL.
> Who used to be able to walk down from his house and take pictures like
> this one: http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Photo/avalon.asp

Well we may not quite have winter like that too often here, but we *do*
get some nifty winter skies and autumnal colours:
http://easyweb-staging.dyndns.org:8080/test/photos/friends/sedbergh/2000
http://easyweb-staging.dyndns.org:8080/test/photos/friends/sedbergh/2003
http://easyweb-staging.dyndns.org:8080/test/photos/travel/scotland/
photoalbum_photo_view?b_start=0
http://easyweb-staging.dyndns.org:8080/test/photos/travel/cork/
http://easyweb-staging.dyndns.org:8080/test/photos/travel/iona/
photoalbum_photo_view?b_start=15

That's the start of my next site evolution hanging off my home ADSL
btw, complete with auto-thumbnailing (yay imagemagick) and froody
'next' type links. If it doesn't work (and if not, it's likely to be a
networking thing, not an app server thing), there are a couple of them
here:
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/Members/martin/photos/sedbergh/

> [Yes, I *know* I should have cleaned the glass on the scanner
> first ... I'll redo it ... honest I will ... In fact, I'll get
> right to it ... uh ... "someday" ... when I have a moment ...
> in my "spare time" (TM).]

Daddy, what's a 'scanner'?
(actually, the Sedbergh2000 photos were pretty much the last prints I
ever scanned. After that I went to PhotoCD and then fully digital)

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "Fairytale Of New York" by Christy Moore from
'At The Point Live'