[thechat] News Servers

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Dec 7 04:29:52 CST 2003

Most (almost all?) ISPs in America have a news server that you can
access with a username and password. However, as news isn't a protocol
that the average Internet user uses, the info isn't easy to find ... in
my several months with Qwest (damn them) I had to google up the address
(and to my knowledge the information isn't provided by customer
support) - but the service is there.  Have you tried a search like
yourisp.new "news server"?

Maybe your ISP doesn't provide news services ... if you'd like, I could
try to post a message to a group with members is Islamabad (that's
where you are, right?) and ask what ISP or service they're using to
access it.