[thechat] "Eight Miles High" (was Re: Gotta new Mac - now what?)

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Dec 8 06:18:08 CST 2003

> Maybe he meant year 0 as the year the Communists got a foothold in
> Vietnam which started off the domino effect, causing Cambodia,
> Thailand, India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Greece and Italy
> all to fall to Communism ... because the domino theory was confirmed as
> law during the Vietnam experience, we're now toppling the dominos back:
> first Iraq ...

So doesn't Dominos have a 15-minute guarantee?

I didn't realize they were around that far back; first I
remember them was when they opened in Dayton
about 1976 or 1977, but their website says they
were founded in 1960 in Ypsilanti. Shame it took
them a decade-and-a-half to work their way down to
Dayton; they've got good crust.

Papa John's started in Louisville, I think, and Pizza
Hut in Wichita. Tony's, Freschetta, and Red Baron
are from Marshall, Minnesota. I think of pizza as
having started in Chicago, but are there *any* pizza
chains that came from there?

deke

--
You can't shake it (or break it) with your Motown
You can't melt it down in the rain